The days are past when only celebrities availed of cosmetic dental treatments and spent thousands to get those dazzling smiles. In the 21st century, cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dentistry that has gained immense popularity in the public. Today cosmetic dentistry has advanced so remarkably that every other dazzling smile that you see around yourself might be the work of a skilled cosmetic dentist. Among all the general dental services provided at dental clinics near you, cosmetic dental treatment has gained unparalleled popularity because of the dental makeover offered by this field of dentistry. If you have any dental deformities such as a discolored, unaligned, cracked, or missing tooth, then this is for you. Give a read to find out the solution to your dental problem.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Any dental work, improving the appearance of teeth, and gums, is included in cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry involves dental aesthetics such as color, position, shape, size, alignment, and smile. The two dental specialities that mainly focus on dental aesthetics are Prosthodontics (designing, manufacturing, and fitting artificial replacements) and Orthodontics (correcting the irregular teeth and jaws).
Popular Cosmetic Dental Treatments
Dental treatments may involve either the addition of artificial dental material to teeth and gums or the removal of irregularities of teeth and gums, lightening discolored teeth and gums, aligning the improper set of teeth, etc. You can search online about immediate dental care near me to know about the nearby dental clinics where you can readily avail of these services. Listed below are some of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments:
- Whitening – Also known as bleaching, this procedure is safe, fast, easy, and is suitable for almost everyone. If the first sitting does not yield satisfactory results, the dentist may recommend laser whitening for more effective results.
- Reshaping – Also considered a substitute for braces under certain circumstances, reshaping involves removing parts of the enamel to correct chipped or crooked teeth. This procedure rectifies the length, size, or shape of the teeth.
- Bonding – The bonding process rectifies tooth got damaged by decay, erosion, or fracture, where enamel-like dental material is applied on the tooth surface, sculpted into proper contour, hardened, and polished. Dentists take special care during anterior composite restoration (front tooth correction).
- Bridging – If you are missing a tooth, then bridging is what you need. False teeth (pontics) are prepped and cemented in the gaps formed by the missing tooth. Such bridges are permanent, and one cannot remove them. With an average life of 10 years, bridges require a commitment to serious oral hygiene.
- Veneers – These thin, tooth-colored porcelain shells are attached to the teeth to improve appearance. This process is a viable option for closing gaps, enhancing shape, or changing the color of teeth that did not respond well to whitening procedures.
- Implants – These titanium-made dental implants are prosthetic replacements for missing teeth. Once fit into the bone, it is connected with a dental crown or denture by a connector. Find these services easily by searching for immediate dental care near me online.
- Gum lifts – A cosmetic dental procedure, gum lift corrects the gum line by raising and sculpting. This process reshapes the tissues and underlying bones to give them a uniform appearance.
- Straightening – This treatment, an alternative to traditional metal braces, helps treating spacing, crowding, and overlapping teeth to create the smile patient’s desire. This procedure is for patients who have had years of excessive wear to their teeth due to grinding or acid reflux.
Where to Discuss Cosmetic Dentistry?
Today patients are more willing to know and discuss cosmetic dental treatments. Avail of cosmetic dental treatments along with general dental services at our clinic. Our expert team of dentists will work with you to develop a timely, effective, and affordable treatment plan. Call today or schedule an appointment online.