Know these American Airlines Name change policy rules before changing the name on the ticket
Christmas and New Year are approaching and you are all set for your vacation. Whether you have already booked or will make the booking with American Airlines, it’s very crucial to pay attention to your name as even a minor name error on the ticket can ruin your plan. If you are flying with AA, having some knowledge about their ultimate policies is necessary so you can take the right action if the situation demands so. Hence, American Airlines Name Change policy is your go-to solution. As the name says, this policy allows travellers to make American ticket name changes easily so their name matches their TSA government-issued ID for an extraordinary travel experience.
Rules of American Airlines Name Correction Policy
Before you proceed with the American Airlines name change on ticket, make sure you read the following rules of American Airlines name change policy.
- According to the policy, a passenger can make minor changes to their first name, including typing or spelling mistakes that they’ve committed during booking.
- Just 3 characters can be corrected under the minor change category.
- Additionally, if you want to make changes to the last names due to a wedding or divorce, you are allowed to do so. However, valid legal documents with your new legal name are required for confirmation.
- American ticket name changes will be confirmed after the payment of the name change fee which may vary between $200 to $700.
- You can request your American Airlines name change on ticket through online and offline modes.
Procedure to Make Name Changes Under American Airlines Name Change Policy
Now that you know all the rules of American Airlines Name Correction Policy, here are the procedures to move ahead and confirm them.
- Go to American Airlines’ website.
- Go to the tab “My Trips.”
- Put the ticket holder’s first & last name in the respective fields.
- Put the reservation code.
- Access the reservations page by clicking on “Find Reservations.”
- Select the concerned booking.
- Make the required changes to your name.
- Pay the applicable fee and save the changes.
- Check the confirmation email in your inbox from AA airlines.
This method is practical for just minor changes of up to 3 characters. However, if your ticket has major changes, you will need to contact the support department at (833) 246-4556 for further assistance. The executives will ask for your booking details as well as valid documents to verify the actual name and confirm the changes.
If you still have any doubts regarding American Airlines Name Correction policy, you can clear them on the call itself with the support team for the best solutions.